Subject: Re: [Leica] quick lens poll.
From: Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:38:00 +1000

>I know people do this all the time. But as a quick poll:
>
>I have an M7 and 1 lens, a 50 Summicron.
>I shoot all available light, often indoors, occasionally wide open with 400
>speed (films TCN & NPH).
>Subjects tend to be people, often leaning towards to portraiture.
>Next lens should be a
>
>A) 35 2.0
>B) 28 2.0
>C) 90 2.8 (played with one, but seemed like it should be a future purchase
>after my second lens)
>D) Tri-Elmar (tempting, but think bulk and F 4.0 will eventually frustrate
>me)
>E) 35 1.4 Asph (is it really all that and a bag of chips?)

24 asph: I don't have one, but a system with 24 50 and 90 is just
about perfect, and you have signalled an intention to go with the 90.
My range goes 15, 21, 35, 50 (old and nocti) 90 elmarC TE. 135, and I
would suspect the 21 might be a little too wide as a second main lens.

Cheers
- --
Alastair Firkin

http://www.afirkin.com