Subject: [Leica] "Digital Back For My Leica".....Dreaming?
From: "Ginex, Mike" <mginex@panynj.gov>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 14:45:47 -0400

I've heard many comments suggesting the digital modification to existing
bodies of Leica cameras, primarily to do with the backs, which seems logical
and not outside the realm of modern technology at a level even a dummy like
me can perceive. Wouldn't it be a fabulously successful venture for Solms to
pursue, given the almost hysterical devotion we Leica owners are guilty of.
Imagine being able to use my Leica both with film AND photoshop. The
flexibility couldn't be more comprehensive to say nothing of what effect it
may have on the entire industry. Of course there is the planned obsolescence
part of it, which may prevent the whole effort, i.e.; "can we make more
money selling new digital cameras than selling attachments to existing
ones"?  All I know is if Leica came out with a digital back for their M's I
would buy both, in addition to adding a back or two to my R collection.
Maybe I'm out in left field on this one but I get excited when I think of
the possibilities.

Mike

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] "Digital Back For My Leica".....Dreaming?)