Subject: Re: [Leica] Increased grain in JOBO processing
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 12:34:57 -0700

On 10/3/02 Nathan Wajsman  wrote:

>You will most likely need to modify some of your procedures with the
>Jobo. First, with XTOL the pre-soak is not required. Second, you may
>want to consider trying 1+2 or 1+3 dilutions. Finally, you will need to
>run your own tests to determine the proper development times. Obviously,
>with the continuous agitation they will be shorter than what you are
>used to, but exactly how much shorter is something you have to determine
>for yourself. A good starting point is 15% shorter than with
>intermittent agitation.

Thanks Nathan,

I'm hearing another vote not to pre-soak so I'll be experimenting with that.

I was using the times from the XTOL datasheet for the temperature I was able to
achieve.

I'll try the next roll at 20 C and see what happens.

Adam

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Increased grain in JOBO processing)