Subject: RE: [Leica] quick lens poll. Thanks All!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:31:03 -0400

> try this:
>
> http://www.konermann.net/steer.html
>
> i have one on my noct and i like it very much.
>
> it can also work with the 75 lux and 90 cron.
>
> -rei

Hi Rei,

Thanks for the link, there are a number of interesting things there...

As far as the focus swing on the 75, I do a very coarse focus first, which
is a larger swing than normal use, at least for me, then don't have to move
it much to fine tune the focus for some number of shots.  It's not like I'm
taking a picture of something 3' away one second, and then 30' away the
next...it's typically, a number of shots at around the same distance, then
pause...then on to something else...  I know that's not true for everyone.
Is the focus "swing" on the 90 less?  I'd be surprised if it actually was.

I see the long focus throw (which, IMO, isn't really that long, but if
someone is used to shorter lenses, it certainly is a bit "longer" than those
are) as a good thing, as it gives better control over the accuracy of focus.

Regards,

Austin