Subject: Re: [Leica] New Yashica T-4 Zoom now available
From: Phil Stiles <stiles@metrocast.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 11:22:25 -0400

Tristan Tom wrote:

> While not directly Leica related, the new Yashica T-4 Zoom point and shoot
> camera is now shipping from places like B&H. It has a 28-70 zoon Zeiss
> lens. I'm anxious to see some reviews of this point and shoot, I wonder how
> it will compare to the now classic non zoom version.

This is a very interesting development. Supposedly Zeiss was never
willing to lend their name to a P&S zoom lens, because they didn't think
that any were of sufficient quality. The T4 was a classic, largely due
to the quality of the 35mm lens. Now we have a Zeiss zoom. T4s were
selling for around $150, now I see them on eBay for $300! I've actually
moved on to the Contax T2, but the T4 makes a great "loaner" when my
wife wants to take a camera on an outing. Thanks for pointing out this
OT development.
Phil Stiles