Subject: Re: [Leica] new photos
From: Carl Pultz <cpultz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 10:21:36 -0400

Leo wrote:
 > I would like to post a link to some photos I took on a trip to Asia this
year. Feel free to comment... I appreciate the time that all of you great
shooters take to look at images.

 > http://homepage.mac.com/leosarv/PhotoAlbum5.html

Leaving the great aside, I'll comment anyway.

I like these very much:

monks bowing
candlelite procession
sleeping
dancing girl

The boy could be dreaming of his truck, and that shot is very well composed
and exposed. The girl is perfectly timed and framed. The blurred shots
might be just lucky, but you had the imagination to try them and they're
really good - there's nothing wrong with luck! The monks could be a little
darker, but I like the skewed angle.

Two others: The crocodile farm is almost great. I suspect that if you could
have got a little farther back, it would have been better. Trimming the
left side helps, I think.

Wanted to mention lantau island, also, because it is well seen, but not
quite as well executed. Nothing you could do about the post in the center,
but with a little more care the placement of the women and the umbrella
could have found better harmony with the background.

All of the photos have something interesting in them, those are the ones
that stand out to me.

Best regards,

Carl