Subject: Re: [Leica] btw...
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:45:42 -0600

Thanks for the heads up Rob,

The photos and captions were very poignant and powerful. I could
comment on the outrage I feel at their treatment but we have been down
that path so many times before. If people are too blind to see what is
in the photos, I doubt my comments will help.

So perhaps a more technical discussion will be OK. I am not quite
comfortable with her style of shooting as she is using a super wide of
some sort and I find the signature distortion distracts from the
content of the photos. I know that you use a 24 pretty heavily but I do
not find the same effects in your photos. Do you think that she is
using a 21 or wider?

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Rob Appleby" <rob@robertappleby.com> (Re: [Leica] btw...)