Subject: [Leica] viso madness
From: "Rei Shinozuka" <shino@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 13:14:46 -0400 (EDT)

for no good reason i added a viso II to my leica collection which
already included a viso III.  the II, because your downstroke does not
need to load the instant return spring is far shorter than that of the
III--it has a shorter trigger pull.  and the lower profile finder
is sexier too.  on the downside, you have to separately recock the mirror
and you cannot add and remove the II as easily as with the III--you have
to remove the finder.

what is the fascination with these machines?  my nikon f3 can do
everything in a much less fussy fashion and yet, the viso's siren
call beckons across the decades: "use me!"

if leica ownership is a fetish, then viso use must be perversion.

:-)

- -rei

- --
Rei Shinozuka shino@panix.com