Subject: Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:13:31 -0700

My hit on this thread is that the Noctilux was the only made in Canada
lens left and Leica wanted to bring over it's manufacture to the black
forests of Germany where the elves have a lousy union.
Perhaps they found the job daunting (too much St. Pauli Girl* during
lunch) and should have left it's operation in Canada where a reindeer*
pulls a sled filled with oh 20 or 30 Noctili each one in its own little
themal soft case.

That's if the rumor is true which I don't think it is.
A Noctilux on a Leica with 1600 film gives you the ability to get in
those dark alleys and nail those drug users in the act!!! That'll teach
'em!!  TRY doing that with a Canon E I E I OH and they'll have you for lunch!!

*A large deer (Rangefinder tarandus) of the Arctic and northern regions
of Eurasia and North America, having branched antlers in both sexes.

* http://www.stpauligirl.com/main.htm

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com