Subject: Re: [Leica] Major Photo Op
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:20:22 -0700

- ---Chandos Michael Brown excitedly said:

> Hurrah!  Hurrah!  I've just been invited to crew on the Schooner Leopard
in
> the annual Annapolis-Norfolk schooner race later this week.  Close
> quarters, wide-angle, and a freezer full of fast film as of my birthday
> last month.  I am toooo excited.<<<<

Hey good on you Chandos, it should be a great shoot, possibly a tad damp.
;-) However, in the event you and camera take a major soaker salt water and
all, accidentally drop the camera overboard and claim insurance and get a
new one.

I realize that's a kind of crooked deal I'm initiating, but I had a leica
and Hassleblad get a major salt water drowning on a schooner off Halifax and
neither, although sent for extreme cleaning, never worked properly after.

And a real old-time salt water guy told me, "Hell you shoulda thrown them
over board and got new! Things like that are never worth a damn after all
the salt gits in the innards unless every nut, bolt, screw and whatever them
cameras have inside taken apart, washed, dried and re-assembled."    They
were and still never worked properly.

So Chandos for what it's worth make sure the gear is well insured, as it's
always possible you might accidentally drop a camera over board which has
nothing to do with my wicked ways.

It's OK we'll believe you in the event it happens. ;-)
ted

Message from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux to be Discontinued?)
Message from Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@wm.edu> ([Leica] Major Photo Op)