Subject: Re: [Leica] re-My pics this week (cheerleaders)
From: "SonC \(Sonny Carter\)" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:22:32 -0500

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Rabiner" <mark@markrabiner.com>>

> The Demons! That kinda freaks me out! Didn't they dig a little deep
for
> that one?!  :)
> What ever happened to the "Rangers" or the "Bulls" too wishy washy?

Yeah, I think the name "Demons" was a defense against people who might
think the players from a teacher's school (Louisiana State Normal
College) would not be rough.

 In 1923, they held a contest here to choose a mascot. The top
contenders were the (Natchitoches Indian) "Braves" or the "Demons."
The student body chose "Demons." Henceforth, the Demons took the field
and court in search of honor and glory for "Old Normal."

 It seems to work.  I said yesterday we're number 7, we're now number
5 in the 1-AA in both major polls.   We played Elon, "The forces of
Righteousness," an option team, and we annihilated them to hell!

NATCHITOCHES, LA - Elon brought Division I-AA's sixth-most productive
running attack into its visit Saturday night to Northwestern State,
but it was the Demons who piled up the yardage in a 47-20 romp over
the Phoenix.

OK, so there ya go!

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com