Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens performance
From: Lucien <director@ubi.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:17:38 +0200

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> Erwin Puts, "Leica Lens Compendium", published earlier this year, has
> such comparisons among the Leica lenses. You can also find some on his
> web site, http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/leicahome.html. The sharpest
> 50mm Leica M lens is the current Summicron.

Or the new 'Leica Pocket Book 7th Edition' from Hove Books Ltd (Authors
Erwin Puts and Dennis Laney).
<http://www.hovebooks.com/new_for_photokina_leica.htm>

Quoted from Hove website:

Most lenses now have in addition to usual statistics a write up on the
actual performance, details what performance we can expect when using
each lens and in addition MTF graphs showing the actual performance, in
some cases as with the Vario lenses graphs at differing focal lengths or
apertures.  There is a description of how to use these graphs to see the
benefits of each lens. We would add an MTF graph of the early lenses
comes as a surprise!

Lucien

Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Lens performance)