Subject: [Leica] M7a? Sure.....And Look!! Pigs with wings!!!!!
From: Edward Caliguri <caliguri@rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 11:36:56 -0400

Ellis-

    This is a laugher! The M7 was, and is, a radical change from the M6TTL.
The M7 will be around, as is (with maybe MINOR changes), and be the mainstay
of the M line for quite a while. The annoyances are few.
    Many of the things you mention would have been addressed in the M7
already, if the desired outcome was that of "the Reliable Source" ( I LOVE
those reliable Source guys!!) this year. Leica chose to keep the hard, shell
of a body approach (a good thing) as well as the other 'twists' you mention.
As for digital, anything would come to the R line first (MUCH easier to
engineer), and even there, don't hold your breath. Get the M7 .. it is a
wonderful camera, in all aspects.
    EC
PS - If this fellow tries to sell you some swampland in Florida, .... avoid
him :-)
- --