Subject: Re: [Leica] Joseph Yao
From: S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:31:40 -0700

The best I could get out of D3200 is ISO1000, and then it's so grainy,
and uneven, that I might as well of shot with the Leica. At least there
the graininess is justifiable.
My 3.5F, 3rd or 4th version depending who's speaking, has that switch,
but I've only used it for two rolls of film. My 2.8F, white face,
thankfully doesn't have it. I use the cameras on location 95% of the
time and I've had the switch on the 3.5F move ever so slightly which
wasted the roll on more than one occasion.
Some time back I picked up a double reel 220 Honeywell-Nikkor tank. This
is not to be confused with the reel made for the current tank with the
tight film wrap. These are 4.25 inches across, giving plenty of space
for chemistry to circulate.
But the only time I would really need the 220 is when I shot chromes
with my Rollei 6003 Pro. I use the bracketing feature religiously, which
means 4 shots per 12 exposure roll. I might try to get a 6002 220 back
for it, as I can't stand those ridiculous dark slide backs of theirs.
They are noisy, and if the slide moves inadvertently even a 1/4 of an
inch the camera shuts down. An awkward moment on a shoot.
Slobodan Dimitrov