Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 vs M6 TTL
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:29:24 +0200

Frank,

I agree with your advice to go for an M6TTL over M6, but just to
clarify: the OFF position on the TTL is really nothing but another BULB
setting. So in this respect there is no advantage for the TTL. Only the
M7 has a proper OFF switch, one that prevents both battery drain and
wasted frames.

Nathan

frankandaubrey@mindspring.com wrote:
 > Rafael,
 >
 > I use a M6-TTL and love the camera.  Other differences that may play
 > into your decision include the fact that the TTL has an actual "off"
 > notch on its slightly larger shutter speed dial.  The M6 Classic has
 > drained some batteries by not having a dedicated "off" switch if my
 > understanding is correct.  That is due to the shutter release being
 > left slightly depressed in storage. Also, why not give yourself the
 > advantage of easier flash photography just in case you might need or
 > want it?  You mentioned that you do do some indoor photography but
 > I've found the TTL feature to be very useful as I've taken many more
 > indoor snapshot type photos with this rig than I originally
 > anticipated.  That is just me though. Finally, in practice, I don't
 > think that the very slight size diffence is an advantage or
 > disadvantage one over the other.  You just have to see what feels
 > comfortable. In all, though either one is a winner, my suggestion is
 > to go with the M6-TTL.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland