Subject: [Leica] New PAW from Jim Shulman--Direct from the BD Colen Party!
From: Jim Shulman <garcia@chesco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 23:11:08 -0400

This week brought the infamous PLUG--Kyle and myself--to Boston for BD
Colen's annual Leica bash.  It was sensational to meet so many great LUG
people in one place.  It was also quite nice to see a few lurkers
surface from the great deep.  The lox wasn't bad, either.

We learned that...

Martin Howard, just returned to the US with a freshly-minted doctoral
degree, still sports his porthole earrings.

Phong managed to make it back from Montreal in time for the festivities.

Digital's not so bad after three glasses of BD's Chardonnay

Even lurkers can't resist cherry cheesecake.

This week's photo shows Ted Grant (welcome back, Ted!)  giving some
portfolio tips to an aspiring photojournalist (one of the students from
BD's M.I.T. course).  Taken at around 11:30 PM with my aged M3 and
Summilux 50.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1080337&size=lg

Hope we see many more shots from this wonderful evening!

Best,
Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA