Subject: Re: [Leica] SCA 300 adapter in M6 TTL
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 06:32:17 -0600

Ah! I thought you meant SCA 300 series rather than referring to a
specific adaptor. I did not think there was any adaptors with the model
number 300. It is usually 3xx with the 300 referring to the series.
However, any Nikon TTL adaptor will not work with an M6TTL camera.
Though the pins line up, they have different functions. Commonly when a
Nikon TTL flash is hooked up to a M6-TTL, the flash gets hot and the
camera batteries are quickly drained. It MAY work with the flash set to
automatic or manual giving you a flash ready light.

There is a Leica specific SCA 300 SERIES adaptor, SCA 351, but it still
will not give you TTL flash with an M6TTL camera. Just automatic and
manual with a flash ready light. According to

http://metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pages_english/
main_index_e.php3?link=4&sub=6&linkname=mecablitz

you need the SCA 3502 adaptor to get TTL flash with the M6TTL and a 45
CL-4. The M6TTL will not support all the features of the 45 CL-4.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from "Rafael Alday" <rafaelalday@yahoo.es> (Re: [Leica] SCA 300 adapter in M6 TTL)