Subject: RE: [Leica] Leicas stolen - LUG strikes back!
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:47:57 -0400

C.,

> Yes, but remember you will be putting a teenage

I don't believe we know she was a teenager.  It was said she was a "young
girl", and that can mean 20's, depending on how old you are.

> mother in jail

I don't believe anyone was suggesting jail.

> ...all over a camera that has been returned.

Hum.  "returned".  She was caught trying to pawn off stolen goods, and it
was taken from her at that point in time.  I guess it was returned in some
sense of the word, but certainly NOT by her own doing.

> Through the veil of distance, I have a feeling the cop/judge in
> charge knew
> exactly what they were doing when they processed the case.

I wasn't aware the case had been "processed" to any end, as it was stated
that the DA's office was "surprised that she'd only been given a ticket"
given the value of the gear.  So, the cop/judge etc. didn't have complete
info apparently.  The only thing that was relayed, as far as I read, was a
"ticket" was issued...and she was remanded to "some sort of counseling
program for treatment".

Austin

Replies: Reply from S Dimitrov <sld@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Leicas stolen - LUG strikes back!)