Subject: [Leica] Video slide shows
From: "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 21:42:37 -0700

For a while now, I' ve been following Dirck Halstead's efforts with
digitaljournalist.org.  I'm starting to think he has a good point in that
photographers are increasingly expected to be media producers, rather than
just image makers.  A friend of mine and I have been experimenting with
combining stills and video.  Check the following link:

http://www.spectare.com/dispatches/londonbombaycebu/d13-india/indiapics.html

This is a link to a page with a fairly large ~5mb Quicktime video on it,
which is an obvious problem.  We are now working on similar concepts,
delivered with Flash MX, which should allow us to deliver the same kind of
experience with significantly less bandwidth - like the MSNBC picture
stories.

I'd be interested in hearing how you think Adrian's narrative audio track
works with the mix of video & stills.

- --Jim

Message from "Jim Laurel" <jplaurel@nwlink.com> (Re: [Leica] New Leica Photos Online)