Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter lock
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:10:38 -0700

I have found Lisle-Kelco, the Canadian distributor, to be very helpful.
Their email is:

"Lisle-Kelco Limited" <like@like.ca>

Also Leica NJ has been helpful in tracking down tools which Lisle-Kelco
does not like to sell to retail customers:

leicaparts@juno.com

The best Leica M repair place as far as I am concerned is Kindermann
Canada Inc. They are the old Canadian distributors and may not have any
experience with the M7 yet:

http://kindermann.ca/

Leica Solms service contacts are listed at:

http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/service/lsc/reparatur/index_e.html

It is unlikely that it can be fitted so you may consider this chap's
aftermarket battery cover switch:

http://www.quickreleaseplate.com

Good luck and let us know if it is possible,

John Collier