Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:59:13 -0700

I have two complaints with this statement. First, if someone is annoyed
because you posted a photograph:

PHOOEY ON THEM!

Photographs are what it is all about. I am the first person to admit
that a great deal of the work posted here I would not post if it were
mine. I also do happen to not care for much of my work and so I rarely
post photographs (maybe only once but I cannot remember for sure). That
is not a model to emulate, that is just me. We are all at different
levels and hold different aspirations regarding photography so a wide
gamut of work is to be expected and, at times, endured. Tough, that is
life, I got used to it so will the nameless but always unsatisfied they.

KEEP POSTING PICTURES

This however does not give anyone the right to complain about the lack
of positive or, for that matter, comments at all. Most people have an
emotional attachment to their images and do not particularly want their
bubble burst. When their or another's bubble is burst, they complain
loudly. I say tough again, if you want a only a certain type of
response, send the photograph to yourself not to us.

CAN'T STAND THE WET? STOP TOPPING UP THE HUMIDIFIER!

Finally amateur does not mean poor quality in its original language and
I resent that english has attached such a connotation to this word.
Amateurs practice photography and every other discipline at the very
highest levels. If you mean mediocre, do not use amateur please!

John Collier

Replies: Reply from Alastair Firkin <firkin@ncable.net.au> (Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?)