Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW -- Criticism or Stroking?
From: "Jeffery L. Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:51:14 -0600

Ouchie!!

Well, a professional can take mediocre pictures, and some of the amateurs
take pretty good pictures (IMO). But there is  difference between someone
who takes pictures for gratification and someone who gets paid to do so,
and I respect that difference. The contrast is probably even greater
between amateur writers and published (not self-published) writers.

I could probably live as a starving photographer, but there's something I
can do that others will pay me more to do (push paper 8 hours a day) than I
would get paid shooting pictures. Call me a whore if you'd like, but doing
the former allows me to do the latter.

Jeffery