Subject: RE: [Leica] Poll: Which do you use more - Voigtlander 21 or 25?
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:45:39 -0500

We all make purchase errors - that's probably the leading reason for
items FS on Fridays...Look at the number of Noctiluxes that come up -
Considering that that's a pretty rare lens - compared to, say, a 35
Summicron - it would suggest that people buy them, get all excited about
them, and then stop using them and want to get their money out. But that
can happen with any piece of equipment...

The real question is what you want the lens for, and what style of
shooting you are most comfortable with...For years I always had a 24 as
part of whatever SLR kit I was using...Great focal length....But there
are times, for what I do, when it is just not quite wide enough...and
there are enough of those times so that I now have 21s for both the Ms
and Nikon...But I no longer own a 24, and don't miss it...I have a 28
Summicron, not having owned a 28 for literally decades, and I love the
focal length, only going to the 21 when I really need to...

So which lens should you buy? Which do YOU need? The good thing is that
the Cosinas are relatively inexpensive - particularly for their high
quality - and their resale value is good....so think of whatever you do
as a long-term rental.;-)

B. D.