Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW: Get real, kids
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:02:47 -0500

On Thursday, October 31, 2002, at 03:30 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

>>>  I don't believe a form is necessary, but a sentence explaining
>>> whether
> they want input might be helpful.<<<<
>
> Actually neither are necessary, as there have been comments made  (
> good,
> bad & ugly) about PAW pictures since the beginning of time, so I don't
> understand why folks need all this mamby pamby forms and extra asking
> etc.
>
> Any poster putting up a picture on the LUG will either get comments or
> none,
> so sit back and if folks feel like making an expression of joy,
> positive
> action or shred the shot, live with it. Otherwise don't post if you
> 're not
> prepared to get a pat on the back or a kick in the ass.

Well said. You'd think people got enough form filling in their everyday
lives without having to extend it to the LUG. Personally if someone
posted a picture to a public forum like this with a note that they
didn't want any feedback I'd supply some gratis with both barrels. I've
been sliced and diced on forums like this for years and it hurts the
first time and after that you just decide whether you think it's true
or not and move on. Grow up!

As for folks complaining that no-one ever says anything about their
PAWs, there is usually a very good reason for that, over which we will
now draw the veil of charity.

- --
Johnny Deadman

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] PAW: Get real, kids)