Subject: [Leica] A report of the photo show from New York
From: "Felix Erazo" <ferazo2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:03:17 -0500

Hi luggers.
I know how much we like our leica's and and our "FILM", but to tell you
the truth, from what I saw at the show, Film is practically dead. Almost
every major camera company that was there, were showcasing the new
digital cameras. As soon as you walked into the exhibition floor you
walked right in between Nikon & Canon. Nikon was pushing there new
digital toys as well as Canon. I hardly saw anyone interested in the top
of the line film cameras.
Leica's booth was somewhat in the middle of the floor but they didn't
attract much attention.
I had the opportunity to try out the R9. Don't like it!! For one the
mirror flap has a very loud sound, almost like a MF.
Like I said before Digital is here and it has arrived. I think film will
stay but I'm not sure how much longer.
I myself Will be saving my quarters to buy one. I really liked the
cannon D60.
By the way even Hasselblad has a new camera, It's called the H1 it's a
6x4.5 which can be easily converted into a digital camera by slapping on
a digital back. It's a beauty.
Anyways that was my take of what I saw.

Regards
Felix Erazo