Subject: Re: [Leica] Camera Stats
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 17:37:57 EST

In a message dated 11/2/02 4:52:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
firkin@ncable.net.au writes:

> There is danger in the corporate world: its not based on anything
>  beyond $$, but you don't have to be big to be innovative. Sadly, its
>  usually a small concern which is too innovative and gets swallowed up
>  by the big corporations who would rather NOT do their own R and D.
>
>  Leica just needs to keep its head low, and swim amongst the sharks
>  without disturbing their feeding patterns too much ;-)

Alistair, I believe that you are exactly right. There are two big BUTS:
first, better attention to production quality control so that we don't read
here about aperture rings that don't work or dust on inner glass surfaces of
brand-new lenses or new cameras that need corrective surgery of some kind;
and two, Leica's no-longer-new corporate part-owner, Hermes, let's the
Companmy live the kind of life you suggesrt.

Seth            LaK 9