Subject: Re: [Leica] Comments on portraits, please
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 05:37:29 -0800

Thank you, Neil.

I like #3 also.  I went back and looked at the original of #1 and on my
monitor it looks just fine.  I haven't tried a print out yet.

I do agree that my flash techniqe could use improvement.  I think I will try
a bounce screen to see if I can soften it up a bit.

I was just playing with the Sima soft focus lens.  I only took a few shots
with it with some Velvia slide film in my R4.  The bulk of the shots were
with the 90/2.8 on the R8.  I only had time to scan a few of those before I
gave the negative to her.  She is suppose to get them back to me so I can
play with them a bit.

Thanks again for your comments.

>Nicole 1 - There's a lot of blue in the mid tones on the face which makes
>her look a bit ill.  Also I think you could have diffused the fill-in a bit
>more as the light's a bit hard.  I really like Nicole 3 as you've got a
good
>balance with the fill-in and incident although a tiny bit less fill-in
would
>have made it more natural.
>
>I'm not keen on soft focus in any event so I won't comment on those.

This message is made of 100% recycled electrons.  No new atoms were
destroyed in making it.

Aram Langhans
Science Teacher, Naches High School
101 W. 5th. St / P. O. Box 159