Subject: Re: [Leica] Reformulated Tri-X?
From: Rolfe Tessem <rolfe@ldp.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:57:34 -0500

- --On Monday, November 4, 2002 7:58 PM +0000 Roger Cantwell
<rcantwell@peeble.co.uk> wrote:

> Rolfe Tessem wrote:
>
>> I guess the intended irony of my original remark didn't translate to the
>> written word. I was merely observing how ironic it is that Kodak is
>> spending all this money on a new B&W plant when all the company's B&W
>> experts, including the inventors of Xtol, etc., have long since departed
>> Rochester. Given that, it seems unlikely that new B&W developments will
>> come from Kodak.
>
> What's Kodak Black and White Plus, which is new in the UK?  Is it just
> T400CN renamed? --

It has been out for a few years over here -- I remember it appearing about
the same time as T400CN. B&W+ seems to be marketed as the consumer version
and comes with an orange mask which supposedly makes it easier for minilabs
to print on color paper. (It is also available in APS.) Thus, it has more
in common with Portra 400BW, which is also optimized for printing on color
paper. T400CN, according to Kodak, is intended to be printed on traditional
silver halide B&W paper.

In any event, these are all C41 films :-).

- --
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe@ldp.com
Lucky Duck Productions, Inc.