Subject: Re: [Leica] Reformulated Tri-X?
From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:23:18 -0500

Ascorbic acid as a developing agent was being investigated at least as
far back as the 1950s so sometimes these things take a long time to come
to market.

The use of T grain emulsions is not limited to black and white.  The
phenomenal improvements in color neg. films in the 80s and 90s (grain
wise) is also due to the use of flat grain technology.

Does this mean anything?  Well maybe as long as some film is being
manufactured then maybe improvements will trickle down to black and
white.  I bet Kodak's R&D efforts in film technology are still not
insignificant.

Mike D