Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 .58 or .72
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 20:32:06 -0800 (PST)

John Collier wrote:

I do not wear glasses and I love my 0.58x/35/1.4A combo. I like the
wide view with a great deal of room around the framelines. However if
you are only going to have one body with a mix of wides and teles, the
0.72x body is a better choice.

John Collier

That's my experience, too. As a glasses wearer, I find that, in the .72
viewfinder of either the M6TTL or the M2, the 35mm frameline is not
easy to see and there's no space around it. The .58 M6TTL is just
right: it gives a single, reasonably sized 35mm frameline, with lots of
space. I use the .58 with my Tri-Elmar lens but it's still difficult to
see the 28mm frameline.

Regards,

=====
Ray