Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: Martin Howard <mvhoward@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:39:41 -0800

On Sunday, Nov 10, 2002, at 11:01 America/Los_Angeles, James A. Gatlin
wrote:

> While I am a mere rookie of 30 years compared to you half
> century....... I
> relate entirely to your idea as described in this post. I relate to it
> so
> completely, it is exactly why I left my staff position with a local
> paper
> several years ago. I simply wanted to work with things as I found
> them, or
> saw them, but my editors always had different ideas.. and agendas.
> Which was
> fine.. but it was not for me.

Can you get around this, without being your own editor?  Aren't editors
*always* going to have a different point of view?  I'm pretty sure that
not everything Ted shot was actually published -- but that he still
shot it anyway.  Right?

Or am I missing the point?

M.

- --