Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW 43, 44, 45 D Ridings
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 21:39:28 -0500

Daniel, I hope you went back with color film and went in closer to the stump
with snow and leaves.  IMHO that would be the shot here.
http://geocities.com/daniel_ridings/paw/43.html

http://geocities.com/daniel_ridings/paw/44.html  I like the use of long
shadows.  I think that using a very short lens close up and using the
person(thing) to block the direct rays could be very interesting.  Think of
the light as highlighting texture and form, going to different places based
on the angle of the sun.

http://geocities.com/daniel_ridings/paw/45.html  This is a very nice
environmental portrait.  Next time you are in a similar situation try moving
the eyes away from dead center.  Moving the camera down(eyes up) emphasizes
the room and moving the camera up(eyes down) emphasizes the outdoors.

In any case nothing to be ashamed of,  please keep sharing your work.

Don
dorysrus@mindpspring.com