Subject: [Leica] A Weekend in the Sierras
From: Wade Heninger <heninger@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:49:16 -0800

My family and I recently spend an extended weekend visiting Malakoff
Diggins State Park (CA).  The state park consists of an old ghost town
(with some restored buildings), a campground, three clapboard cabins
(styled after the housing that most gold miners of the era found themselves
in) and the remains of a huge hydraulic mining operation.  Its a wonderful
place to visit.

This is very different than Bodie which is just pretty much in arrested
decay, as the park service has several buildings open for tours and are
planning to restore more to their previous, ahem, splendor.

Here is a short gallery of the trip.

http://heninger.org/gallery/sierra

Comments appreciated...
w a d e  h e n i n g e r