Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 06:26:57 -0800

Jim Hemenway wrote:
> Yup!  Must have been meant for you :>)
>
> Definitly,
> No question,
> Words, words, words!
> Enough wind to sail a boat!<<<<

Howdy Jim,
What I've found somewhat interesting to a small degree, is the analytical
aspect of what people read into what they think her method, thoughts, why's,
wherefore's etc on her work and style, without one word of her engaged in
the conversation.

Which means about 99.9% of the time it's merely supposition and meaningless
unless you engage the photographer in "live conversation." Obviously in this
case not possible, unless one is a clarvoyant! ;-)

It appears, due to the amount of words to screen level, everyone including
me would be better off shooting pictures rather than, as I at the moment,
wasting time writing hypothetical theories of a time and person long gone!
Why she's probably in the big darkroom in the sky reading all this and
thinking to herself, "Damn those guys don't have a clue about what I was
doing and why the hell aren't they making better use of their time shooting
wonderful photographs with their talent?" :-).

Just an early morning thought! ;-)
ted

Replies: Reply from Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com> ([Leica] Shoot more! - was Lenswork Magazine)
Message from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Lenswork Magazine)