Subject: [Leica] WARNING: possible eBay scam
From: John Brownlow <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:04:22 -0500

There is an email going round purporting to be from 'paypal-ebay.com' whose
intention appears to be to obtain details of your paypal account. It is
quite well done and modelled on the paypal (lack of) service team emails.

However www.paypal-ebay.com is not as far as I am aware a valid eBay site
and appears to have been shut down. If you get one of these emails I advise
you to log in ONLY to eBay.com or Paypal.com if you want to check your
account.

On a side note, can ANYONE explain to me why Paypal is not regulated as a
bank?

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com