Subject: Re: [Leica] 135mm lens
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@turbonet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:47:54 -0800

The Hektor is the only 135 mm I've ever had, but I have been pretty pleased
with it.  SK charged my about $75 for a CLA, but any 40+ year-old lens will
eventually  need a CLA.  You should also plan on using it with a hood.  The
hood costs about as much as the lens, but also fits the 90 Elmar.  Try to
get a later (39 mm) lens, rather than the 36 mm version, for the convenience
of filter interchangeability.

The Hektor seems to ebb and flow in popularity.  I recall a magazine article
a few years back that featured it, causing a big increase in interest in the
Leica community.  It is the cheapest Leica M lens that you are ever likely
to encounter.

Bill Stanke