Subject: RE: [Leica] Problem with R4 Please advise!
From: Randy Jensen <randy@jamzcheer.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 07:55:19 -0800

I just got a really good deal on an R4 body, but it turns out it doesn't
work correctly.  My question is:  Is this something a CLA would take care
of, or is this a common problem that isn't worth fixing?  Here's what it's
doing:

It has an unusually long delay between the body stopping down the lens until
the shutter actually fires.  This delay isn't always the same either,
sometimes it sits for a whole second before it fires, other times it's
pretty quick (but not as fast as it should be, ever).

Also, about 40% of the time it doesn't stop the lens down correctly.  If the
lens is at f8 it will sometimes not stop it down at all, then it will, etc.

And, if that weren't enough, the shutter seems erratic.  It is definitely
not firing at the correct speeds all the time.

Cosmetically the camera looks very good, and I got it cheaply enough that a
little more investment would be worth it, but will this turn out to be a
nightmare?

Thank you!

Randy