Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V23 #261
From: Bern DelGado <evilboy1964@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 10:45:20 -0800 (PST)

Yes, carpet is the worst, my M3 roled off a coffee
table onot think carpet & BAM the viewfinder needed
recalibration.But a friend who dropped his down the
subwy stairwell was fine.
go figure.

BTW,I'm told to NEVER store leica stuff in the vintage
leather cases because its a perfect medium to
encourage spores & fungas which will eat up your
coatings.

That info came AFTER I had bought a bug-eyed 35 `cron
for my M3.
Figured it would clean up nicely w/ a cla from Sherry.
No dice, the majority of the lens cleaned & claibrated
well, EXCEPT the haze had etched itself firmly into
one glass elemnt.
So I got back the lens & a bill & a promise she would
let me know if she ever comes across a replacemnet
element.
So the lens shoots like its behind a frosted window.

Any suggestions?
- -Bern

=====
"They misunderestimated me."