Subject: [Leica] quick,cheapie (home depot) lighting?
From: "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:31:26 -0500

Ok - I am still fretting over my first semi-official portrait job for next
week.
I was asked to shoot 12 casual portrait type shots for my local preschool.
Supposedly it is ultra casual thing, but, of course, I am obsessing and want
it to be top quality.

I have always shot with available light, hit or miss.
I thought I would buy a flash for the job but I worry about blown out
featureless faces from having the flash too close.

I have no photo lights and this a low budget project.
Then it struck me: 'hey, what if I go down to home depot and pick up some
halogen flood lights'

Anybody try this before? How many floods should I get?
How about a stand? Dimmer controls? Should I bounce the light?

Eric

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] quick,cheapie (home depot) lighting?)