Subject: Re: [Leica] EPSON 2200 PRINTER ?
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:20:46 -0500

At 04:06 PM 11/23/02 -0800, you wrote:
>In any event my question is before power is established, are there any
>helpful suggestions?  Certainly those that might save me several hundreds of
>dollars in inks and paper before I finally get the message about how to make
>it work?
>
>thanks in advance,
>ted

Ted -

I have several friends who had high hopes for the 2200 and I even saw
examples in ASMP meetings that led me to think that this was the answer to
plug-and-play digital printing; however, I have heard from the same friends
who actually ordered and are using the 2200 that it is limited.  Limited to
certain papers and certain inks.  And that the black and white prints leave
a lot to be desired.  I haven't tried one myself so I don't know if that is
true.  There are work-arounds for the Epson inks and their automatic counters.

Good luck!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com