Subject: Re: [Leica] Two weddings and a few portraits.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:07:40 -0700

I find the work well realized but sentimental and romantic. Whether
that is good or bad or indifferent depends on your viewpoint. Smith's
picture has neither of those attributes. The Walk to Paradise Garden is
a desperate longing for sanity and normality after the horrors of war.
To me it seems to imply that the photographer can never follow his
children, never return to innocence and peace.

http://www.pathfinder.com/photo/gallery/arts/smith/cap01.htm

John Collier