Subject: RE: [Leica] Fame is oh so fleeting....
From: "bdcolen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:53:10 -0500

I guess that's one way to look at it - another might be that being a
professional woman in those days was a real killer. Yes, there were the
exceptions who broke through, but by and large....So did she end up as
she did because her private life was a mess, or was her private life as
a mess due to her professional/artistic frustration. God knows there
have been countless successful men in the arts whose private lives were
"in disorder."

Gene Smith for one...But if "disorder" means having affairs and multiple
marriages, the question might be what male artist hasn't had them....;-)

B. D.