Subject: Re: [Leica] lens caps
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:51:56 -0800

My wife's 50 dollar lens cap from her collapsible 50 Elmar fell into a
stream and i tried to Heroically fish it out before the ducks ate it.
She shelled out the money to buy a new one eventually. That's a hundred
dollars now total proctecting that cute little lens (which she gets
great results from).

I cant afford to bring all my lens caps along because i don't have lens
cap insurance.

It's amazing how much less Hasselblad lens caps and their other small
plastic things cost than Leica. Heck their lenses cost more for the most
part. But i bet you have to pay extra for Linhof lens cap insurance!
Probably made from a titanium - resin - ceramic laminate!.  If you lost
all your Linhof lens caps in one fell swoop you'd sink the insurance
company. Then we all revert to cannibalism and it all goes downhill from there!

Does anyone find it all amazing that we have "Lens caps" as the thread heading!?

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com