Subject: RE: [Leica] lens caps
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:31:57 +0100

>It's good old economies of scale.  Nikon produces more so are able to
spread
>their fixed costs much more efficiently than Leica can ever hope for given
>their volume. Nikon is just as prone to impossible prices on items they
>produce a lot less.  For example, I paid thirty bucks for a simple push on
>lens cap for my Nikon 15mm fisheye, and I had to search both coasts to find
>one.  It's a simple push on, no springs, no moving parts, nothing.  Why
>thirty bucks?  Because they produce a whole lot less of it.

>Dante

Exactly Dante! I cannot remeber how much I've paid for the charger for the
batterie for My Nikon F5 but it was an outrageous ammount! The problem is
that almost anything in Leica is more expensive that in a appropriate
production scale figures had to be. Finally this could produce sooner or
later the end of Leica. Just the biggest will survive.

Kind regards

Felix