Subject: [Leica] FS- Black 65mm f/3.5 + 16464
From: "John O. Newell" <jnewell@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:37:30 -0500

For sale: Leitz 65mm Elmar f/3.5 and 16464 focusing mount,
$625 or best offer.  Please see the photos linked below,
since (as we all know <g>) a picture is worth a thousand
words.  The lens and the focusing mount are in unusually
clean condition, showing
only the smallest signs of very careful use -- a
conservative mint minus, probably better.  Includes a
matching black Series VI filter retaining ring and a Leitz
UVa filter.  I have boxes for the lens and the focusing
mount, but the serial # on the box does not match the lens.
Leitz front cap for the lens and rear cap for the focusing
mount also included.

http://home.attbi.com/~jnewell/web/P1010067.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~jnewell/web/P1010060.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~jnewell/web/P1010064.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~jnewell/web/P1010066.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~jnewell/web/P1010071.JPG
http://home.attbi.com/~jnewell/web/P1010075.JPG

The apparent bright spots in some of the pictures are
reflections from the light on the metal (compare the
different views). The white spot on the edge of the aperture
ring at about 1:00 in one of the pictures is actually the
white paint mark that indicates the position of the aperture
ring on the aperture scale.  I assume it goes without
saying, but just in case -- this lens is a manual focus,
preset aperture design for the Visoflex and while it is
obviously not AF, it can be mounted on Leica SLR cameras
with an M-to-R adapter.

John Newell jnewell@attbi.com