Subject: Re: [Leica] What Makes a good Picture?
From: "\(SonC\) Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:05:20 -0600

Simon says:

> I could not bring myself to take any pictures because I felt that it was
an
> intrusion into a very private gathering.  I guess that there is more to
> Photography than I thought.

Simon, this subject is of intense interest to me, and probably the  biggest
robber of pictures for most people on the list.  I was a news photographer
for many years, and it seems strange that I'd be shy of intruding, but in
places  like you describe, I have been.

Something happened to me some 78 weeks ago; I started on my quest for a
picture a week.  In order to do that, I take a camera with me everywhere.  I
tried the little pocket cameras, but they were always in my pocket, or in my
briefcase.  So I started carrying my Leica CL everywhere.

Guess what?  I started taking more pictures.  Then the CL needed CLA, so
while it was a Sherry's, I began using my M6 for the same task.  Everywhere.
Church, the store, parties, wherever I go, there is also the camera.  (Well,
almost, there was my lament last week of not having a camera  when a picture
op popped up at a fast trip to the Pharmacy.)

It has come to the point  people I know expect me to brandish a camera at
any particular moment.  It is easy to take pictures, because people expect
it of me.  This can happen to you too.  You just need to start taking that
camera everywhere!

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com