Subject: Re: [Leica] Bicycle metaphors
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:38:58 -0700

I have four Moultons, three of the early F-frames and a 92 AM7 that I
have converted to a 20 speed. The prices are daunting for the AM and NS
bikes new but they are pretty reasonable used. I bought my AM7 as a
used frame and wheels for about $1100US. I was happy because I got to
build it up to with my choice of components. Pashley UK also makes a
less expensive version which uses "hairpin" construction and less
expensive components for more reasonable pricing.

Both Canada and the US have excellent dealers. They are enthusiasts
first and very helpful in finding the right machine for you and your
budget. I love my AM7/20 and it is now my favourite bike to ride
relegating a $5000CAN custom road bike to storage! The bike is rock
solid where it needs to be and as soft as velvet over the road. The
wheels are so light giving the acceleration of a bike five pounds
lighter. Luggage is easily carried and the bike rides and handles even
better when loaded.

John Collier