Subject: Re: [Leica] Sywell Country Park #3
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:47:20 -0000

From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 29 November 2002 12:19

http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_30.html
> shows that you are indeed working a scene to squeeze every possibility
into
> an image.
>
> With that said, I think the earlier posting was the stronger image.  I
> believe that the trees on either side distract and that the meadow in
front
> of the water dilutes the scene.  It could be just me, but the only time I
> have liked foreground before the water has been some David Muench work
where
> there were some wild Calla Lilies in the immediate foreground and some
> un-remembered photographers pictures where it was a strong graphic of a
> silhouetted fisherman with his long shadow into the water and the
reflected
> mountains in the mirror like water.
>
> Your postings from England are a very pleasant refreshment after a
grueling
> day in the salt mines.
>
> 2 cents
>
> Don

Hi Don,
Thank you for your comments, both current and past, they are appreciated. I
also took this shot which I didn't like as much but seems to cater for the
preferences you expressed. Hope it fits the bill.
http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/sywell_31.html

- --Graham

Replies: Reply from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Sywell Country Park #3)
Message from "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] Sywell Country Park #3)