Subject: Re: [Leica] The future of English language ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 07:05:51 +0100

(I have removed the link assuming that Brian has figured out what when
wrong with the filter)

It is clearly a machine translation from German. I just got an idea for
a great stream-of-consciousness, post-modernist text: take a random text
and run it through a machine translator a few times, ending up in the
original language. If I combine that with some suitably tiltet,
out-of-focus pictures, I might enter next year's Turner Prize competition...

Incidentally, Kärnten (Corinthia in English) is the province of Austria
where the neo-fascist Jürg Haider is governor.

Nathan

Henry Ting wrote:

> And see if anybody can understand what the
> "description" is trying to say. Due to hardly any
> misspelled wordings, I have to conclude it was written
> by a software translator -- a lot of "fuzzy logic"

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch