Subject: [Leica] Noctilux and Landscape Photography
From: "Robert Rose" <rjr@usip.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 22:14:57 -0800

Here is something I don't ever recall being discussed before.  It is a
quote from the Noctilux-M instruction booklet:

"It is also a suitable lens for landscape photographs, where minute
details have to be sharply reproduced."

"A special type of glass with a high refraction index especially
developed by Leica for the NOCTILUX ensures warmer colour reproduction.
This reduces the (often troublesome) blue cast caused by haze on distant
subjects in landscape photography."

I suppose I will try this out, but I never thought of the Noctilux for
this use.

Anyone else ever try it for landscapes?  Under a moon at midnight
maybe? :-)

Bob Rose

Replies: Reply from "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux and Landscape Photography)
Reply from "Mark Pope" <leica.user@ntlworld.com> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux and Landscape Photography)